Friday, August 28, 2009

Fourth of July 2009


On the fourth of July, we drove from John's cabin up over the mountain and then down into Lake City. It was a very pretty drive. Quinton and I went back over the 24th and stayed right next to Lake San Cristabal shown here in the background. This view is out of Lake City and on our way up to Slum Gullion (sp?) where Grandma and Grandpa Holman's land is. Here is Zach, Sandy, Dad, Quinton and John.



Here is Grandma and Grandpa's cabin. I remember having a great time here when I was a girl. I stayed here - whether in the cabin or not I cannot remember, but I remember being here and making lunch and playing games inside, but also playing for hours and hours or maybe days and days outside and all around here.




From Slum Gullion we drove down through Powderhorn - that is a cool community. From there we drove to Gunnison to watch the fireworks! It was very different than the firework show in Ouray. Ouray is in a pocket of mountains and the sound echos up and down the mountain. But in Gunnison, everything was spread out and had a very spacious, sprawling feeling. We were in a large park and it was spectacular! Here is Dad, Codi, Whitney and Tula watching the fireworks. Below is Zach and Quinton enthralled in the fireworks - there were some very unique ones I had never seen before.




1 comment:

Kari Ann said...

I am soooo sad that I missed out on this one:(

Blog Archive