Sunday, August 30, 2009

Elder Bronson McEwan Bonnett

Bronson had his farewell on August 16. He gave an excellent talk, a good indication that he is ready to serve and that he will be a wonderful missionary! After our Sacrament meeting we invited family and friends to the park for food and fun (well we enjoyed everyone's company!). It was so nice for everyone to come support Bronson and wish him well. It is at times like this that we realize how very blessed we are to have such wonderful family and friends - thanks to everyone!

Late that afternoon we took a few family pictures - which is good given the fact that we never ever take famliy pictures.
Tuesday, Bronson went to the Salt Lake Temple - it was a very nice day. Whitney, my mom and Jamies mom both came as well as Kari Ann and Brian. Chris waited in Temple Square with "sweetie pie" Tula and Kari Ann and Brian had to leave afterwards. But we all went to eat at the Garden Restaurant and enjoyed everyone's company. It was a special day, a day to remember for everyone who went!
The next morning we took Bronson to the MTC and will not see him again for two years. He will have two years filled with wonderful experiences that will strengthen both his testimony and character. As we walked away leaving him at the MTC I found myself choked up, but as I thought about why, I realized that I wasn't really sad. But I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the opportunity he has to serve the Lord. I felt a deep sense of excitement for him as I watched him so excited to leave and to do that which will bless the lives of so many and in turn will bless him for the rest of his life!
I love him and know that he will be a valiant missionary.










Looking good Elder Bonnett

In TEN short years it will be Quinton as the Missionary!

One last pause for a goodbye photo.


Good bye! We'll see you in two years.

3 comments:

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

I want that picture of Quinton and Bronson. It'll be cool to have another one in two years!

Kari Ann said...

I love these pictures! What a good lookin' family! I am excited for him as well! He did such a great job on his talk and will be a great missionary! I am also grateful for his example to my boys.

Taylor and Cortney said...

Yah! Your back to blogging! I gave up on looking at your blog because I figured you'd forgotten about it! What you wrote is touching. Bronson is a fabulous missionary I'm sure and he is a great example to everyone in our family! Love you!

Blog Archive